Sunday, November 2, 2014

a mystery involving 1985 Fleer Limited Edition

One of the coolest inclusions of the dimebox I bought last weekend for $22 (about a penny per card) was a near-complete set of 1985 Fleer Limited Edition, with 42 of the 44 cards. Can you guess which 2 were missing?

I'm not sure yet. So I'll type up this post and research it as I go.


Gywnn at his best! That might be my favorite Padres uniform style.

Most of the dimebox was recent stuff, so the mid 80s cards were a nice surprise.


Have you guessed yet?

After thinking about it for a while, I'm gonna go with Clemens and Kirby.. a couple of the biggest rookies at the time.

Pencils down.

[Gavin googles for a bit, crosschecks with the stack of cards.]

Wow, the correct answer is Ozzie Smith and Mark Langson! Clemens and Kirby were not included in the set.

Didn't see that one coming.

I'm just going to break up the set for my player collections, as opposed to hunting down the Ozzie and Langston. The dudes I don't collect are up for trade, FYI.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your day.

4 comments:

  1. Those Fleer 44-card sets always had odd cards included. I guess the best they could come up with for the Mariners was Langston since Alvin Davis was a rookie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite Gwynn's. Love that uniform as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. besides your player collections, and the two sox mr hoyle grabbed, i'll go for the rest.

    ReplyDelete