Sunday, December 25, 2016

Xmas box of 2015 Tier One

Merry Christmas, everybody!

I had an epic box break yesterday, but the high-end holiday breaks aren't over for me quite yet!


I got a box of 2015 Topps Tier One from the in-laws for Christmas. Nice!
Let's check out the 3 cards in the box.


Cool.. I collect fellow SDSU Aztec alum Stephen Strasburg. I think this is my first relic of him.




Wow, this is a pretty nice hit. Or at least it would have been back when David Wright was among the best players in the game. He's still a big fan favorite for Mets fans. The red ink is a nice change of pace! It's hard to tell, but up in the left corner, it's numbered 5/5.. and from the inscription, you can see 5 is also his jersey number. So that's a nice "eBay 1/1" if you're into that sort of thing.
Or maybe you're more traditional with your one-of-ones. Well..




Alex Cobb might not be the best name you could pull, but that's a fine looking card. And it's a 1/1!
He was out all 2015 and much of 2016 recovering from Tommy John. Hopefully he comes back strong in 2017 and makes this auto a sweet pull for me.


So there's the box. Nothing to knock your socks off, but not too bad. A relic of Stephen Strasburg, a 5/5 David Wright auto, and a 1/1 Alex Cobb auto. Definitely could do worse than that!

I also got 1 more box of cards for Christmas, but we'll save that for tomorrow's post.
Take care, guys.

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    Love the card of the Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ebay 1/1! Some super good high-end breaks for you this week. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Red Ink looks really good on that card design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of ones are always great, no matter the player. I'm still hoping to pull my first one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First your mom... now the in-laws? You sure have one cool family. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, looks like a fun box to open.

    ReplyDelete