Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Burbank After Dark - wrestlers, pretty girls, and star wars

Here's some more of my recent Burbank Sportcards order.


Trying to build up my li'l Andre the Giant PC. I was never that into pro wrestling but love the guy. 1987 O-Pee-Chee WWF #2 and 1990 Classic WWF #10.


And picked up a couple needs of AJ Lee, my cardboard concubine. That card of her making out with John Cena is pretty hot.


Speaking of lovely ladies who kick ass, here are a couple new Manon Rheaume cards for me.


Now we transition into Star Wars territory with a Kaydel Ko Connix card. I found myself being drawn to this off-kilter beauty in The Last Jedi, and figured I'd get her some representation in my collection. I looked at some autos on eBay, but they seemed a bit more than I wanted to pay, so settled on this 50¢ base card. I didn't realize until after I saw the movie, but she's played by Billie Lourd, the daughter of none other than Carrie Fisher.


And speaking of Star Wars..


The joy of a completed set! 2017 Topps Star Wars 40th Anniversary is in the books thanks to these last 8 cards I needed. Now that I've wrapped it up, I should take some time to enjoy the cards and read through the backs one of these days.

That's it for today. See you next time.

CORRECTION: In yesterday's post, a Kevin Mitchell card was incorrectly identified as being from '93 Bowman. The correct year was '92. Baseball Card Breakdown regrets the error.

5 comments:

  1. A Clone Wars card... nice! Have you watch the cartoon Clone Wars? Zippy Zappy turned me on to it and I knocked it out in a summer. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've watched an episode or two. I always got so confused about it, though. Like weren't there multiple shows with that name? And multiple movies? And apparently the episodes are out of chronological order? Yeah, just too confusing for me. But someday I'd like to watch thru Clone Wars and the other animated Star Wars stuff.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on completing that set. Even though I don't follow wrestling... I still appreciate AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like Billie Lourd you should check out Scream Queens, she was great in that.

    ReplyDelete