Friday, February 8, 2019

'57 Willie Mays


Told you guys I was serious about finishing 1957 Topps in the not too distant future. Mr. Willie Mays was the biggest name I was missing. Even ponied up for a PSA 5 specimen at a decent deal.


All-time great, inner circle HOFer, etc. Very happy to check this one off.

I've got my big annual company party tonight and I'm stressing out a bit. (I'm pretty annoying when I'm stressing out. Bless my wife for putting up with it [she is equally annoying when she is stressed.]) Nah, it'll be fun. The forecast is calling for snow overnight, and sadly the monthly card show is tomorrow, so I probably won't trek out to it. Even if I made it there fine, I gotta think there will be less dealers showing up. Plus with the party tonight, I'll likely be a bit hungover in the morning anyways. So that's a bit of a bummer, especially since I missed last month's show too. Oh well.. March's show will be a triumphant return.
Well, I gotta go get dressed for the party.


Have a great weekend, everybody!

10 comments:

  1. Hope the party wasn't worth all the stress.
    Congrats on snagging that awesome '57 Mays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mays! Hope the party was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Mays! (pun intended). Also noticed you used a "Joe Jackson" for the vid clip. Hmm, yep, there was a baseball player with that name, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend was expecting this incoming storm to hit Portland hard. I guess she spent 40 minutes yesterday at the grocery store stocking up, so they wouldn't have to leave the house too often. This morning she tells me, it barely even snowed. But I guess there's still plenty of time for it to happen. Stay warm Gavin!

    P.S. Congratulations on taking one step closer to completing your set! That Mays is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Free booze at parties are good times. Congrats on the Mays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good song, there. Has Allen & Ginter ever done a "One-Hit Wonder" subset? If they do one day, Joe Jackson might be a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete