Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Lego-heavy Zapping

Hey, let's get a quick post out to pair with a similar Zapping recap at the njwv blog today, as I too received another fun mystery package from Zippy Zappy a few days ago.


The bulk of the mailer was a couple Lego Star Wars sets in various states of completion. I'll hope to build these back to their full glory one day.


I don't have much in the way of cool minifigs, so these are very welcomed in my Lego tub. (Skateboarding Yoda will be displayed out for a while.)


My Star Wars card collection consists basically of one modern completed set (Remember back when I went after the 40th Anniversary set to ring in my big birthday?), 2 or 3 decent autographs, and then like a potpourri of a few random cards from a bunch of different sets. Which feels perfect since I'm a big Star Wars fan but not like a full-on supernerd about it. Nice to get a look at what's out there. The autograph here is Hermione Corfield as Tallie Lintra (an A-Wing pilot in The Last Jedi).


Legos and Star Wars are cool, but baseball is the best. Can't forget 2011 Topps has a bunch of solid rookies besides the big one. Kenny also had plenty of empty top-loaders and card savers to pass on to me, not pictured.

And a few non-baseball cards. Love to see Alexa Bliss pop up in a trade package, though it turns out I already had these 3 cards in the PC. No worry, though, as it's a good excuse to sacrifice them for use in cardart.

I probably should have looked these up first, as it turns out the Wrestlemania card was like a $10 card before I cut it up. Whoops! lol, oh well; for art. I also accidentally cut myself during this project-- my first cardart injury to break the skin-- though just a tiny cut. Blood, sweat, and tears, am I right?!

I made a quick video of them, with bobbling action:


Thanks again, Kenny! Always appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. The amount of space sending this and the package to Nick managed to free up was absolutely great. I love LEGOs but I think going forward just a small handful of minifigs and a neat microfighter is the most I'm willing to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that box must've sounded amazing when you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. Star Wars Rebels Lego sets are awesome! I hope that Lego decides to put out more of them one day, because I wasn't collecting them when they first released. I did pick up the new Ghost last year... but it's actually based on the Ahsoka series.

    B. Those Alexa Bliss customs are awesome! I love how you color match the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete