Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sexy auto overlay: Katrina Bowden (Cerie from 30 Rock)

30 Rock is one of my all-time favorite TV shows. One of those rare shows I can watch multiple times (thanks, Netflix) and still enjoy just as much as the first viewing.

One recurring highlight of the show is the über cute Cerie, played by Katrina Bowden. I noticed she was included in the 2015 Panini Americana set with a couple different autos, so I kept an eye out and eventually brought one home in my single-digit price range. The design and photo choice Panini went with didn't really grab me, so once again I "played dress up" with my cards and came up with a custom overlay of my own:


Oh my! Now we're talking!


I'm pretty happy with the attractive overlay and would say it's a big improvement over the original card:


Blerg.

[HT] I'm so smitten with her that I recently rented the raunchy teen comedy Sex Drive because she has a part in it. Dumb movie, but I guess it's kinda funny if you're into that sort of thing. The extended/unrated version has some, umm, extra footage of her big scene, but unfortunately a body double is used for the naughty bits.

So yeah, the overlay is just what the card needed. And like with the previous ones I've made, it's not affixed to the original card, just resting on top of it in the penny sleeve. No fuss, no muss.


And one sexy auto deserves another, so let's take a check out another steamy piece of sultry cardboard I recently added to my collection...






BOOM! LL Cool Teke. I'd been wanting to grab one of these 2015 Archives Fan Favorite autos since that product came out, just finally snagging one for a little over a Lincoln shipped. While this is a pretty hot photo of Kent Tekulve, I probably would rather have an action shot or something more interesting. But since the auto is on-card, it's not really conducive to making an overlay for it. Yes, this is a very rare instance of me implying I'd rather an on-card auto be a stickergraph!

Well, thanks for swinging by and enjoy your week, guys. I'm pretty happy lately because my wife hooked me up with a temporary job at her place (different department) starting next week. It's only a ~2 month contract, but it seems like a pretty cool place to work and a stress-free position, so I'm excited about it and hope it'll lead to a permanent gig.. at least until Topps, Panini, Leaf, or Upper Deck come knocking being like, "OMG, we love your customs! That Katrina Bowden overlay you made? Out of this world! Such simplistic beauty. You have such an eye for cards. Please come work for us remotely from home working on designing cards for us!"

I'm ready when you are, card companies!

5 comments:

  1. I can't decide which one's sexier, Katrina or Teke?.... Definitely Teke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your resume for card companies is shaping up quite nicely.

    Perhaps coming up with a way to work around using team logos will give you an even bigger leg up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, once again! The overlay is fantastic and something that card companies should use so that the owner of the card could pick the design they like best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, your card looks way better! Very nice subject, too, she made 30 Rock worth watching every week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stuff is way better than some of the crap the card companies force upon us. Good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete