Monday, May 30, 2016

some repurposed sketchcards

I'm admittedly not a great artist, but in the interest of "practice makes perfect" I try to draw something every once in a while. Lately I've been getting into the habit of making a sketch card out of any card-like media I come across that would otherwise just be thrown away. I'm talking about stuff like fake credit cards that come in junk mail or expired bus passes. Give me a paper rectangle that fits in my hand and I will scribble on it and hope for the best.


These are 3 instances of where I just drew a random baseball player and after-the-fact decided who I was trying to draw based on who I thought it looked like. Not exactly spitting images of Bryce Harper, Nolan Ryan, and Bert Blyleven, but close enough for me.

These are the backs. Looks like I even signed and dated one of them.


Here's a Mickey Mantle 1/1 for my collection. LOL

The creative muse in my house doesn't just stop with me...


Here's a guest appearance by my wife! Sometimes a simple "HB" on the egg carton is enough to signify them as being hard boiled, but sometimes you need to get creative about it. I love her!

Thanks for visiting! Happy Memorial Day! Thanks to all the brave men and women who gave their lives fighting for the USA.

3 comments: