Monday, June 27, 2016

2016 Diamond Kings blaster

I recently worked out a deal with a guy named Jim S. who grabbed a few things off my Amazon wishlist for me. Included was a blaster of 2016 Diamond Kings which had some good stuff in it.


Howdy! That's a nice hit. Rob Refsnyder has been playing well for the Yankees.


Dual jersey relic stickergraph numbered 4/25. eBay tells me this is about a $10 card. If any of you Yankees fans have eyes for it and have a comparable card that fits in better with my collection, I'm up for trade offers.


Here's a red framed card numbered /99 on the back. Frankie Montas is currently with the Dodgers organization.


A smattering of inserts, heavy on catchers (surprisingly not in catchers' gear, which you'd think would be in Panini's wheelhouse thanks to less logos to worry about). Funny to see Jose Bautista's iconic bat flip on a Panini card, seeing as how it's sort of ingrained as a Topps card image by this point.


Here are some base cards of dudes I collect.


I thought it was odd that I pulled 2 Miguel Sano cards from the same blaster, but upon juxtaposing them, the uniform is obviously different. They both have the same card number on the back, so I guess one must be a variation or something. Seems kinda pointless.

So yeah, there were the highlights. It was a decent blaster, thanks mostly to the /25 auto I pulled. Diamond Kings tend to give you decent bang for your buck, so I like to rip some to check out, though I'm not sure I'll go out of my way to pick up any more this year.

13 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the Refsnyder for sure. Let me know if you're looking for someone in particular in return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh come on, Tim, surely you've been reading my blog long enough to know the kinda stuff I'm into! :)

      Delete
    2. You threw me with the 'comparable card' thing. Not sure have something that matches that description, but I do have a growing stack of stuff that you'd be into!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to high jack this post... But I really love the 89 upper deck kris bryant custom card you made. I would really love for you to contact me so we can talk! would love to own one made by you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest. Sent you an email.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that Refsnyder was a few digits away from being the latest X-Mas card in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would've been sweet, but ah well. Not every /25 card can be the magical #12.

      Delete
  4. Oh man. Nice Rob pull. I would had put my dibs in but too late

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blasters of Donruss are a pretty decent value considering you are guaranteed a hit. You did very well in getting a low numbered version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good reminder to check your sidebar - I've got an '07 Topps Ryan Klesko I can send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cards. This is a nice looking set and you pulled some really nice cards. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete