Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Stranger Things custom cards

A couple months ago, Netflix released a cool show called Stranger Things. It was a big hit, harkening back to the likes of E.T., The Goonies, and the work of Stephen King. I'll admit I was reluctant to give it a shot at first, as I'm generally not really into X-Files type sci-fi stuff. But everybody in my department at work kept raving about it, so I ended up binging through the show's 8 episodes over a couple late nights. I really liked it a lot, and well, it was practically begging to have a custom card set made for it in 80s designs, the decade in which the show takes place. And so I made one!




It's another of my "Custom Nine" sets.. 9 cards, perfect for paging. A card in a design for each year from 1981 through 1989.

I'm pretty happy with them!

Let's do a quick little CONTEST!
Comment on this post to be in the running to win a couple cards of your choice from this set.
If the winner is either a follower of the blog (blue "Follow" button on the right) OR a follower on Twitter (@breakdowncards), they can pick any four cards.
If the winner is both a follower of the blog AND a follower on Twitter, they'll get a complete set of all 9 cards.
The entry period will be open for a few days, then we'll randomly select a winner per my usual method. If there are 22+ entries, I'll pick 2 winners. If there are 33+ entries, I'll pick 3 winners, and so on, so spread the word if you like. I'll most likely throw in a few bonus cards with each prize too.

Update: CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED. Thanks to all who entered!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been waiting for this, and usual, you knocked it out of the park. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh this show was so good! I'm definitely entering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, I really liked the show as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I haven't gotten around to watching this show yet, but I've had about 19 different people recommend it to me, so I'm definitely planning to have a Netflix marathon soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the show-Winona was fantastic. though there can't be another season. I think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great job Gavin! I really dig the show too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the Lucas card. That's easily my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to watch this show, but I haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, MIKE WHEELER LOOKS LIKE A CHIC. GREAT CARDS AS ALWAYS. I'M IN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just finished this show as well, and I absolutely loved it. Great looking cards, thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the show! Love the set! You did an amazing job! I'm planning on being Dustin for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are awesome! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED. Thanks to all who entered!

    ReplyDelete