Wednesday, November 29, 2017

cards for the meantime

I'm in that anxious waiting period where I have a bunch of posts I want to write, but they're held up waiting on cards, mostly from my big COMC order that's currently being filled.

But for now, here are a few other cards I've gotten in recently. First off is a consolation prize PWE from John Miller. I'm admittedly a bit of a sore loser when I miss out on contests, especially when I give my all and still fall short. So a thoughtful little bonus like this goes a long way to help me quit crying like a baby.


This makes two posts in a row leading off with a vintage Yaz card. Well hey, he is kind of the mascot/poster boy for my blog, or at least his 1966 Topps card is, so it's fine. I recently semi-sorted my Yaz PC, as I mentioned last post, and so I know that this beauty from 1972 Topps is a need for me.


Here are a couple more Yastrzemskis, but I already had these. In fact, I had several of those 1978 cards. I wonder if it was double printed or something, since it seems to be so common. The only Yaz I had more copies of was his 1990 Donruss "here's what the completed puzzle looks like" Diamond King card.


Johnny dropped some more "guys I collect" vintage on me. I just saw that Rose featured on Night Owl's Best Cards of the 70s countdown, so very cool to add it to my collection now.

Big thanks, John! Much appreciated.

- ---o

We've still got some time, so let's also take a quick look at a recent Sportlots PWE.


Snagged a couple SP needs for my 2016 Ginter X quest which is nearly complete thanks mostly to a big trade that I'll be posting about soon. The penny sleeve reflection gave Starlin Castro a funky aura here in my pic.


Since I had room for a couple more cards before the shipping cost would go up, I took a quick look at the seller's other stuff and ended up adding a pair of 18¢ cards for the heck of it: 2011 Finest Adrian Beltre and 2011 Bowman Finest Futures Mike Stanton. I wonder if Giancarlo's cardboard will see a little bump in interest once he gets out of Miami.

That's it for today. Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. You wont hear me complaining about all the Yaz content on your blog! That's a nice consolation prize; I'm assuming since you said you gave it your all that John didn't choose a winner at random?

    Your first sentence is spot-on, I'm sure a lot of us baseball card bloggers feel the same. Those COMC cards cant come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say I have never bought from comc. I hope to someday

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I wonder if Giancarlo's cardboard will see a little bump in interest once he gets out of Miami."

    I was reading today that the Marlins told Stanton to waive his no-trade clause and accept being traded, or they would trade away any other players of value and make him play on an empty roster. I know people were hoping that the new ownership group would be different, but so far things don't seem to be going well. Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! The condition makes them even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The '78 Yaz is not a double-printed card. But, man, the Pete Rose from that set, it was all over the place that year.

    ReplyDelete