Thursday, September 26, 2019

Gwynning!

I must have slept funky a couple nights ago because I woke up with my neck and chest all tight and sore. Then a day later, I also started having some abdominal discomfort in addition to my sternum situation, and I was like, "oh shit: pancreatic cancer, here we go." But thankfully, it seems to be getting better. I think I just held in a pee too long and irritated my kidneys. But I'm no doctor. What I'm getting at is I took a day off work today to get myself right. It also happened to be the day a very special card was due to arrive in the mail, and while that wasn't the catalyst for the unplanned PTO.. ain't gonna lie, it was among the several factors.


My pup Annie joined me waiting for the mail carrier, our hearts filled with longing. When? When? When?!!

Finally at 4:45 PST, the sound of beeps from a tracking number being scanned graced my doorstep.


2005 Topps Retired Tony Gwynn refractor auto!


Oh man, I love this card!


Number 05/25. Check out all them batting titles!


Had to take it outside for a photoshoot in the fresh air on this pleasant late September day.


I'm obsessed with Topps Retired refractors, and Tony Gwynn is my alltimefavoriteplayer, so this card is a grand slam for me.


So pretty.


This might be one of my favorite photos ever! Tony in the foreground and Annie chasing a squirrel in the background. LOL. Beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. That's a beauty, that is! (Please feel free to read this in a Cockney accent)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that card helped a little, but I hope you feel all better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancreatic Cancer? Wow, when your mind jumps to worse case scenario it really goes all out!
    I hope you feel better soon and congrats on adding such a beautiful card to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better! And my goodness... this card is gorgeous. I'd love to add one of these to my collection one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and even better pup pictures!

    If your insides feel like they're twisting or something is drilling through, it may be a small kidney stone. I've got experience...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card. Gwynn is on my list of needs.

    ReplyDelete