Friday, May 22, 2020

more cool Dodgers cards

I haven't posted in a few days, so here's a quick show-off post of recent eBay wins. Figured I'd follow up the snazzy Duke Snider I featured last time with more Dodger blue.


Check out this Don Sutton! While the black 2004 Retired refractors are my favorite, I also really like 2003 Retired. (and 2005 for that matter.)


Excellent career. 324 wins.



Whoops-- sorry, Dodgers fans.. snuck in a Mets card.

I believe it was a Junior Junkie post a few months ago talking about how cool these 1999 Fleer Ultra Diamond Producers inserts are. Sounded neat to me, so I saved an eBay search and waited till a guy I collect popped up at a decent price. Ended up with HOFer Mike Piazza back in March, but don't think I've posted about it here yet.





In the window, the shiny parts disappear and it looks like a jellybean that's had the coating sucked off. lol



Clayton Kershaw 2018 Ginter mini.... but not just any run-of-the-mill mini...


Glow-in-the-dark! And surprisingly, this one actually seems to glow well. I've got a few of these things now and most of them don't glow fer shit. But this one looks kinda nice in the shade.



The new crown jewel of my modest Walker Buehler PC! I've wanted to score myself a WB autograph for a while, and recently wound up with this beautiful RC refractor. Hope he becomes the next Kershaw like everybody thinks, but you just never know about pitchers and who will stay healthy.

That's it for today. Have a great holiday weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Um, cool cards all around, but you got me going on the Diamond Producers set!! I have got to get me some of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is suspiciously turning into a Dodger blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Fancy stuff.

    Voting for the Don Sutton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Lots of heavy hitters in this post. That Diamond Producers insert is fantastic. And even though I'm a Padres fan... I do enjoy watching Buehler highlights. I had the opportunity to watch him pitch at Dodger Stadium last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a sweet Piazza! Might have to buy one of those just for the sake of owning one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never realized that Don won so many games. Never seen those Diamond Producers either... pretty nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Piazza. Recently learned about that insert set myself in a YouTube video and have been casually eyeing them for a bit now.

    ReplyDelete