Monday, July 6, 2020

Custom TTM come full circle

Here's another recent TTM success (I'm 2 for 2 on TTM attempts so far in 2020!) Most of this post was drafted a week or so ago, but I delayed publishing it so as to not spoil the surprise for a fellow blogger. And it's good I've got this post ready, because the new puppy has been exhausting! Oh man.. baseball card stuff will be on the backburner for a while thanks to this tiny hellbeast who needs A LOT of attention and training. Ugh, I'm gettin' too old for this shit.

I first started printing my own custom cards back in 2015, and the first TTM return I ever got on a card I made myself was on January 16, 2016 when Pat Neshek returned a request from me with his gloriously nutty signature gracing my printouts.

Four and a half years later I went back to that well for another round. I was really excited about this new custom template and figured I'd christen it with the living patron saint of through-the-mail autograph requests, St. Patrick Neshek.


It took 15 days for my earlier request to come back, and it took 15 days for this one, too. The man is consistent!



And this one! Love the photo from his All-Star Game introduction in 2014, even if his arm does get in the way of the autograph area a bit. Worth it.



This one has already been forwarded onto Fuji. I know he loves those 1999 UD Century Legends Epic Signatures autographs, plus his favorite team is the Oakland A's, so I thought he'd get a kick out of this. I think Fuji was my inspiration to make this custom template, so it's only fitting. If you're familiar with this design, you might've noticed that I gave it my own personal touch by adding the blue.

I sent Pat 4 customs.. one A's, one Phillies, and two Cardinals. He kept one of the Cardinals cards for himself, which was an honor for me. Though I was going to give that Cardinals dupe to Kerry.. so Kerry, Pat Neshek has your card. I'll leave it to you to retrieve it from him, lol, because I don't think I can give up the one I got.

Big thanks to Mr. Neshek for signing my customs!

8 comments:

  1. Love the differences in his beard from one card to the next. Nice job on the customs and good luck taming the hellbeast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm cool with him keeping it. Thanks for thinking of me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you only need to do this for him as a Minnesota Twin, Houston Astro and Colorado Rockie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job as always! I wonder what's the deal with the lines and dots inside of the "P"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic customs. I've heard Neshek is a big fan of collecting, it'd be so cool if he showed off your work to his fans. I've said this before... Topps needs to hire you and utilize your skills. Thank you so much for thinking of me and hooking me up with this card. It means a lot. I'll buy you a beer when I finally return to Portland and we all get to hang out and talk cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pat Neshek is an awesome dude.

    ReplyDelete