Saturday, August 8, 2015

Frank Thomas 1990 Topps NNOF

... reprint!


I recently knocked the Big Hurt off my wantlist thanks to accumulating 100+ cards of his, but there was still one card in particular I was craving. Barring a considerable financial windfall, I don't think I'll ever pony up a grand for a real No Name On Front 1990 Topps Frank Thomas #1 draft pick card, but this reprint will do. Never thought I'd ever pay over 10 bucks for a reprint, but here we are. Even the reprints are scare and in demand, I guess.


It's not even a full-on reprint, but rather a Cards Your Mom Threw Out insert. (Is there an original back version of this one?)
But it's still cool.

Have you ever paid decent money for a reprint?

4 comments:

  1. Not intentionally, but I bought a graded Bowman Blue Sapphire reprint of Ryan Braun's first Bowman rookie card on eBay thinking it was the original. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... if I were to guess, I probably have. But I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. Didn't realize this reprint was so valuable. Need to check my collection to see if I own a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought a reprint of card #68 in the 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. I bought it as a place holder until I ponied up for the real thing recently. Even the reprints of the card weren't cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paid $15 for a 1979-80 o pee chee Wayne Gretzky rookie reprint, I have the complete set in pages but the real Gretzky card is in a top loader - so it filled the only empty space in the set binder.

    ReplyDelete