Sunday, August 9, 2015

Griffey magnet cards are back!

A few months ago I unveiled a small run of custom "magnet cards" that I arranged to have produced using photoshop jobs I had created for the blog in the past. They were a big hit.. especially the Ken Griffey, Jr cards which seemed to be the favorites. They were so in demand with trades and contest winners, that I recently got in touch with my buddy who made the magnets and asked him if he could do another run for me of just the 3 Junior cards.

Well, he was able to help me out, and now I've got a "2nd printing" of 12 each of the 3 Griffeys.

The original "first issues" were hand-numbered /5 in red ink on the front. For this 2nd printing, I had a little fun creating parallels. Let's check them out!

Base

There are 5 regular magnet cards for each design. These are unnumbered.


Glowing border parallel



You know I love glowing stuff! Each design has a glow-in-the-dark framed parallel numbered /3 on the back.


Smell variation


Haha, this might be my most innovative (yet ultimately pointless) parallel! Each design has a parallel #'d /2 which is visually the same as the base magnet card, but whereas the base version is essentially odorless, the smell variation smells good!


Superfractor



Each design has one Superfractor parallel with a sparkly gold frame and numbered 1/1 on the back.


Superduperfractor


The Superduperfractor is the ultimate parallel that combines all 3 other parallels. It sparkles! It glows! It smells good! On the back, it's numbered 1/0. [{MATHEMATICAL IMPOSSIBILITY! DOES THAT BLOW YOUR MIND?!‽}]


These are all now available for trade. Check out my wantlist and dig up some cards to trade me if interested. I should mention that I still have a few (non-Griffey) available from the original batch of magnet cards that are also up for trade.

Thanks a lot.

9 comments:

  1. These are all so nice - good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that doing the same run of cards for Robin Yount might lead to a bizarre bidding war between me and Cynical Buddha. But, since these are all Juniors, I feel like the Junior Junkie almost deserves first crack at them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I should totally do a "Favorites of the Cardsphere" custom set with like Yount, Cey, Tim Wallach, Jack Wilson, Garvey, Gwynn, Tino Martinez, Luis Torrens, etc.

      Delete
  3. Awesome Gavin! These crack me up when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply awesome! I still need to figure out how I can trade for one of those contracts. I will trade for the cheapest cause it doesn't matter which one to me. I just think owning one alone would rock.

    ReplyDelete