Tuesday, January 26, 2016

more new/old customs

I'm still sorting through the big box Marcus sent me last week, and I didn't want to do back-to-back TTM posts (though I just got another good one!) so here's a pinch-hitter of a post... Some more customs I've made recently that I artificially aged to make look like vintage cards.


Whipped this up today when I learned Abe Vigoda passed away. I loved the guy. This picture of him in a Yankees uniform comes from a Conan skit. Too bad I didn't think of this sooner, as it would have made for a cool TTM request. Rest in Peace, Abe.






Vin Scully can always use more cards. Here's a mini.





Tony L. retweeted this b&w Ted Williams photo to me this morning challenging me to make it into a custom and/or colorize it. Boom. Done.


Fun stuff! Thanks for stopping by, you guys.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made that Williams card. It seemed like the perfect photo for your San Diegan sensabilities, and I knew colorization would be a snap for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used too love Vigoda in ?"Fish". I would like to be one of the Teddy cards if you make some more. Looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so incredibly talented gav! great tribute to Vigoda! If you are sharing Teddys (ha) I'd love one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Do you have a good colorization tutorial you like? I need to make a Frank Thomas (the outfielder) for the Astros and all I can find is a black and white shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Barney Miller. Remember Fish well ( he must have been the inspiration for Lt. Provenza from the Closer series. As always Gavin, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just incredible work on these Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony L. - Indeed! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Mark H. - I'll definitely get one in the mail to you very soon!
    Julie - Thanks a bunch.. yes, I'll be happy to send you one!
    Bru - I think I just searched YouTube and watched the first tutorial that popped up. I have an old version of Photoshop (which makes it a little harder on me), but I could still understand/apply the gist of it.
    Warren, John, AJ, Tim, Tony B. - Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Abe Vigoda made me smile. That might be my new favorite of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic. The lighting of the Vigoda is still the single greatest segment in late night talk show history.

    ReplyDelete