Sunday, May 27, 2018

"We Are The World" autograph project

Just a random thought I had the other day.. Wouldn't it be cool to get an auto from everybody on the "We Are the World" song? Lots of A-listers from the music world there.


So far I've only got one of these people.


Dan Aykroyd seems a bit out of place with the 80s pop stars, but slap on a pair of dark sunglasses and a hat on him, and he's a Blues Brother, so not exactly out of his element behind a microphone.


Maybe someday I'll check off another name or two on the list, though there's not much chance this will ever be a completed project.


What do you think? Who on the list would be your top goal?

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea how difficult it would be to get Billy Joel or Bruce Springsteen's autographs..but if you can get your hands on a Michael Jackson you can complete this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Michael is the grandaddy of the checklist, for sure.

      Delete
  2. Cyndi Lauper would be tops for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder, in that order.

    At least I've seen three of them live! I've seen at least 16 of those people perform in concert (not necessarily by themselves...seeing The Jacksons on the Victory tour counts as 5, for example. Trying to see all of them would be a great goal, but sadly I never saw Ray Charles and obviously that's no longer possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to try completing the cast of Hear'N'Aid instead. \m/

    https://youtu.be/G5H94GHb-10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, or Michael Jackson would be at the top of my list. I've actually been on the lookout for a Lauper autograph. I'm trying to put together a The Goonies "R" Good Enough autograph collection and I'll eventually need her signature.

    P.S. I just picked up the We Are The World LP single at the flea market two weekends ago.

    ReplyDelete