Saturday, June 23, 2018

9 red Pirates cards

I'm cramming 3 theme posts into one here. First there's a blog bat-around for your favorite red cards in tribute to the recent passing of baseball lifer Red Schoendienst (pronounced "SHANE-deenst"). And then Daniel is doing a contest where you need to do a blogpost featuring 9 cards to enter. And then Matthew Scott announced he was retiring his Bob Walk The Plank blog, so as a cap-tip to him, I wanted to post some Pirates cards.

So here are 9 red Pirates cards.

9.


Red Hot Rookie of Cutch.

8.


Gotta work Clemente into any Pirates post, and this WS highlight card is red enough to count.

7.


You probably weren't aware of this, but Brian Giles went to my high school. LOL! Sharp looking card.

6.


Stargell Forever.

5.


Scoop!

4.


Teke! Not a very red card, but the border line is good enough for my standards with this list.

3.


If Bonds stayed clean, he probably wouldn't be the home run king, but he'd probably be in the Hall of Fame anyways.

2.


I'd love to meet the joker working at Topps in '79 and '80 who thought it'd be funny to add eyeliner to certain photos.

1.


And coming in at #1 in our countdown of 9 red Pirates, a bombastic Dave Parker auto. This is made more special for me by the fact I received it from Matt Scott. Such an awesome trader! Hopefully we keep our occasional card swaps alive, even if his blog goes dormant.

In closing..
R.I.P. Red Schoendienst, a true baseball legend and great man.
Congrats to Daniel Wilson on 9 years of blogging!
And a fond farewell to Bob Walk The Plank, one of my all-time favorite blogs.


6 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Thanks for entering my contest! Very cool to do a three way post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to work three themes into one post! That Cobra auto is a great one..and so is the man who sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete