Monday, August 20, 2018

Gifs Gone Viral!

Here's a roundup of the gif cards I've made over the past couple weeks.


8/6
On this day in 1973, the great Roberto Clemente is posthumously inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.


The day before, in my previous gif card roundup, back in my post on 8/5, I gave some foreshadowing on this one :

(Update: I've just made what I feel is my best one of these yet and will be tweeting it out tomorrow morning. 8/6 around 8:15 Pacific: @breakdowncards be there. lol. But no, it's a good one! I predict it might even break my Satchel record for most popular tweet. But then again, sometimes things I think will be a huge hit end up falling flat, so who knows.)
(Update to the Update: yeah, it didn't exactly take off. Oh well, I'll tweet it out again on Clemente's birthday coming up in a couple weeks and I bet it'll have more success then.)

Yep, it ended up with 11 retweets and 24 likes. Nothing to complain about, but definitely fell short of my lofty expectations. And guess what, I later tweeted it out again on Roberto's birthday (8/18) and it was definitely more successful!

8/18:
Remembering the legendary Roberto Clemente on what would have been his 84th birthday. This has gotta be my favorite gif card I've made.


That time it got 1.2k likes and 300+ retweets!! Unprecedented for me. I also picked up 250+ new followers in the process. Wow!.. gotta say I'm kinda overwhelmed by the response.

Anyways.. more gifs...


8/14:
On this day in 1991, Dave Winfield blasts his 400th career home run as his Angels beat the Twins. He was just the 23rd player in history to reach the milestone, eventually retiring with 465.



8/16:
The Great Bambino, Babe Ruth passed away on this date back in 1948 at the age of 53.




8/19:
Wishing a Happy 66th Birthday to Tim Blackwell! Never much of a threat with a bat (especially not when facing the likes of Nolan Ryan), but that magnificent mustache was Hall of Fame worthy.



So there are the gif cards I've made over the past couple weeks. Thanks for checking them out. I'll probably have a few more to show off in a week or two.

6 comments:

  1. Yup, your Clemente custom rolled across my timeline this morning, retweeted by a baseball coach that I was surprised by. Then I saw the numbers and remembered your prediction - awesome response for an awesome custom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing these gifs is a gift for us all!

    Hope to see a Tim Duncan one at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad a lot of people are seeing these. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, I love the Ruth card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. I think the Clemente is the best (or at least most fun) because of the added depth of the card sitting on the stand.

    And that's the last time I ever try to be an art critic.

    ReplyDelete