Friday, November 23, 2018

Black Zapday

Got a nice mini Zippy Zapping in the mail.


Manuel Margot hasn't yet blossomed into the perennial all-star he was projected to be, but he just turned 24 and still has a lot of prime years ahead of him. Hoping for a breakout 2019 season. And I sure do love black refractors!

It was a little eerie to get a Patrick Mahomes card from Kenny, as I only added him to my wantlist like a couple days before. Now that's service! But yeah, I scored some cheap Mahomes cards at a card show a couple months back and that helped inspire me to add a rare current football player to my wantlist. This is a nice addition.


Sweet! Fernando Tatis, Jr is pretty much the only thing that keeps Padres fans from crying themselves to sleep at night these days. I gotta think chances are good he'll make the '19 opening day roster, and we're hoping he takes the league by storm and hits a grand slam every at-bat.


While I don't collect Mariners or Kyle Lewis, I'm always happy to receive refractor/#'d prospect cards in trade. Kyle's a 1st rounder (2016) who hasn't put it together yet in the minors yet, but still has potential.


And we'll finish the highlights of the envelope with some more Padres top prospects. Fingers crossed these guys pan out and help San Diego be competitive over the next several years.

Good stuff. Thanks, Kenny! I'll hit you back with a little something soon.

2 comments:

  1. "It was a little eerie to get a Patrick Mahomes card from Kenny, as I only added him to my wantlist like a couple days before."

    My Zappings work in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're taking the "glass is half full" point of view with Margot. I've got the "empty" view covered.

    ReplyDelete