Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Cards from the Collector

I might have the chutzpah to call out dudes who I feel owe me cards, but I could never be a debt collector. That's gotta be a rough line of work, as I'm sure Chris the Collector would tell you.

Chris and I recently swung a trade centered on whipping up some quick customs for him. He shot me back a nice bunch of cards for my PCs.


Here's a sharp 1st Bowman refractor for my George Springer collection.


A couple old-timer autos. Gotta admit the name Curt Simmons didn't ring a bell for me, but he had a long, distinguished career on the mound, stretching from 1947 to 1967, and was a 3-time All-Star and a WS champ with the '64 Cardinals (as this Topps 65th Anniversary Archives card seems to give a nod to). Chris suggested I might work some custom magic on the Bobby Doerr auto, seeing as the card is a bit creased a couple places in the upper left. Maybe I will someday, but I like it enough as it is.


Happy to add another hit to my Giancarlo PC.


A nice selection of big names from the past.


And some modern stuff too.

Big thanks, Chris!


---------o

p.s.

My boss bought me ice cream today and surprised me with a Padres helmet bowl! How cool. I remember having these as a kid in the 80s. Love it. Thanks, Boss!

7 comments:

  1. Springer is Suh-Weet!!!!! Your helmet is a bit too shiny. Needs a little pine tar rubbed in or at the very least, some caramel smudged on the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally miss the days of going to Baskin Robbins and getting these helmet bowls. I went maybe 2 or 3 years ago with a friend... and was shocked to see they still use this promotion.

    P.S. Sweet Springer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's just me, but I always hate it when I do a trade post and don't get a "glad you like" type comment from the trader in question. Is this an unreasonable ask of me? Just nice to have some return head-nod closure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's entirely possible that Chris hasn't seen the post yet, so you might want to give it a few more days.

      I absolutely love that Simmons ROA... it's just so great!

      Delete
    2. Yeah..guess I missed this post somehow. Sorry about that!

      Delete
    3. Thanks again for the customs. It's nice to know the return was sufficient :)

      Delete
    4. Yes, good stuff! And sorry for the bitchy comment. I had a drink too many last night and guess I was getting needy and impatient. lol

      Delete