Tuesday, December 4, 2018

card show bonus box from Rod

Always nice to bump into Rod at the monthly card show; And when he surprises me with a box of cards.. even better! Let's check out what this one's got in store.


I love shiny, numbered cards. That orange Wil Myers is #'d a scant 7/25... wow!


Hot rookies representing!


Some hits and inserts. Tanaka relic, pink Giancarlo, Big Hurt rookie reprint, and a couple Twins. That /25 Sano may come in handy if I ever attempt hammering out another trade with his Twitter supercollector.


More 2018 stuff. This is my first look at '18 Gallery in-hand. Although in my eyes this product is just a step above Panini Triple Play-- unless they're vintage or 1/1 sketchcards, I have very little interest in drawn/painted baseball cards-- I will give Topps credit on the solid design this year.


More good stuff from the box I can use.


Half dozen certified autos! Some familiar Padres From The Past for me here. Rymer Liriano didn't make it out of AAA this past season (Angles and Brewers systems), but did crank 20 homers, so maybe he'll stick around a while longer. Dane Phillips was a 2nd round pick in 2012 that didn't pan out and seems to have been out of baseball this year. Ben Davis was another highly touted Padres catcher who didn't live up to expectations, but at least he made the show and saw action in 7 MLB seasons.


A trio of signed customs! Always nice when there are extra Padrographs that Rod can share with me.


The backs look good too. I know firsthand that making custom backs can be a pain (they usually take like twice as long as the fronts if you include stats n' such), so I appreciate it when anyone takes the time to not just leave a custom as a blank-back.


I'm sure there are a few needs for me here in this nice Gwynn lot.


Rounding out the surprise box from Rod was a big stack of WWE divas. Some keepers for my "girlie card" minicollection here, including a pair of Alexa Blisses and rookie cards of Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey.

Huge thanks, Rod! I'm in your debt, per usual, so please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help you out with anything.. cards, customs, photoshop work, whatever!

4 comments:

  1. I always like bumping into familiar faces at card shows. Cool hand off. I actually like the Gallery Set. The Ted Williams card is real nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hot rookies representing!"

    I spy with my little eye...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Lots of nice stuff here. Great variety. Never really though about the extra time and effort it takes when you guys put into the back sides of your customs. Can imagine it'd be difficult to match the font and insert all of the statisctics... as well as come up with a biography for the player. Makes me appreciate your awesome customs that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, mah girl Charly! Picked up a couple major faves from that set already, but gonna have to remember keep an eye out for her.

    ReplyDelete