Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Twin Vins for the Win

One of my most prized cards-- in contention for the title of "my favorite card" if I were forced to pick-- is my Vin Scully autograph. If you ask me, he's one of the game's all-time greats up there with Babe Ruth and Harold Baines. I recently doubled down and picked up another one.


Now that's a fine looking card! It's from 2016 Topps Five Star Baseball.


Always nice when there's more of a back to a hit than just "Congratulations!" Five star career, right there!


Here are my boys together. Same photo, but it's a nice one.


Both are the 36th card in the print run! How 'bout that. Topps Mint is /99 and Five Star is /50. The last card in the '16 Topps Scully auto trilogy I still need is the Transcendent, which the "base" version is /52. Hmm... I'll have to keep an eye out for number 36/52. lol


Time to play "custom / not a custom"... here's the rest of my Vin Scully PC. Only the two rightmost cards are actual real cards. I really wish Vin would be included in more card sets these days. How has he never been included in Allen & Ginter?! He would fit in wonderfully with products like Topps Archives and Goodwin Champions too. We've got a living legend in our midst, and card companies aren't paying nearly enough attention. Autographs would be great, but hey, if he doesn't feel like spending his twilight years signing his name, that's fine too.. just a base card would be great.

 Long live Vin Scully! Thanks for reading.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. gcrl gets the credit for the '78, but the rest are mine.

      Delete
  2. Honestly kind of shocked that Vin never got a Mothers Cookies card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You greedy bastard! Just kidding. Congratulations on picking up #2. I'd love to one day own an Scully autograph. Maybe this year I'll trade all of the Target gift cards I receive at Christmas for some eBay gift cards and bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first paragraph made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great customs and very cool autographs.

    "he's one of the game's all-time greats up there with Babe Ruth and Harold Baines" I see What you did there. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed at Babe Ruth being an all time great too.

      Delete
  6. Great autographs of a true legend. You are on point with wondering how he has never been in an A&G set. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete