Friday, December 13, 2013

Dream job working at Upper Deck??! Wait-- Seriously?

Today I got an email from a recruiter who claimed to be working with Upper Deck looking for a product manager, saying he found my info online and thought I might be a good fit. Have any of you guys in the blogosphere gotten a similar email? It smells like a too-good-to-be-true scam at first, but looking into it, seems legit.. real recruiting company, verified email address, etc.

I had to decline because I no longer live in the Southern California area. It breaks my heart because working for a big sports card company would be a dream job for me. If it weren't for my fiancée being one semester into grad school, I would definitely consider relocating for it.

The guy responded with, "I saw on your profile you were originally from that area and thought I would give it a shot.  Would you happen to know anyone still in the area that is a sports card enthusiast?"

So any of you guys around Carlsbad, CA want to work at Upper Deck? Let me know and perhaps I could get you in touch with the recruiter. The card industry could really use more folks who love cards, and care about cards, and get excited about cards, such as us card bloggers and readers.

I bet they give these out like napkins at Upper Deck headquarters!

1 comment:

  1. Dude..that would be amazing. I would totally do it but I doubt I meet their experience or education needs.

    ReplyDelete