Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Enchanted Cards: Rise of the Living Balls

This is somewhat of an unsolicited companion piece to a recent Night Owl post about cards that feature photos of balls in midair. Through the ol' magic incantation ("photoshopus animatis!"), I went ahead and brought life to a few of these cards. Enjoy!








- -

Unrelated.. a begrudged congrats to Tim Lincecum for no-hitting my Padres again moments ago. Booo. I figured it would be a good time to throw the few cards I have of him on Lista, and got the auction up just minutes after the final out. I've also been thinking of putting some of my unneeded Gwynn doubles triples up while he's on people's minds, but I'm concerned it might be just the slightest bit disrespectful to my beloved hero to try "cashing in" on his death. Thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. I think if you have extra Gwynns, you should sell them or give them away any time you want to. As for Lincecum, when does he face San Diego next? With the unbalanced schedule, he might be able to catch Nolan Ryan by 2018. ;-)

    By the way, I'm convinced that the 1983 Topps card is somehow responsible for any bunting fetishes that Ned Yost has had in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash em if you gottem. You're not the first guy to do it. Tony doesn't really care, and you're not making a living off his demise, so why not?

    P.S. LoL on Chris Speier

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I like the catcher's mitt on the Shamsky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More genius stuff. Glad to see marriage hasn't made you soft...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's kind of odd to say this given the limited amount of movement involved, but the Chris Speier is very reminiscent of Terry Gilliam's Monty Python animations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The catchers mitt on the Shamsky is a nice touch. And good call on the Monty Python by shlabotnik...

    ReplyDelete