Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Rooting for the little guy

I'm not super short, but on the low end of average male height. Perhaps because of this, I often (unfortunately) find myself rooting for the underdog (who lose 9 times out of 10) and I have an affinity for vertically-challenged pro athletes (jockeys not included). Here are some recent pickups.


I bought a Jose Altuve auto a while back. 2016 Archives Super /50. It's pretty cool. Nice highlight for my little Altuve PC.

I also recently picked up certified autos of a couple short basketball stars that I remember getting a kick out of during their playing days.


Spud Webb! ðŸ’¯ /299.


Muggsy Bogues! What a terrific looking card!

Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues.. great names. No way either of these guys could have a boring name like Rob Davis or Jack Richardson. I could have saved a couple bucks with stickergraphs, but had to do it right with on-card.

Love these cards, but after these and the Mutombo auto, (and another snazzy b-ball card I haven't posted about yet), I've put a moratorium on buying basketball cards for the rest of the year (or really any non-baseball cards). I just splurged a bit too much there for a while and need to focus up.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. These are cool! The Altuve reminds me of an old Mother's Cookies card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Altuve is a great choice for a PC. Now, remember to focus.... You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does not get any littler than Muggsy! Getting his autograph is something I want to do at some point, but it can't be a college card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spud, Muggsey, and Mutombo are some of my favorites as well. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often toyed with the idea of starting an all-short-guy collection...although I guess I already have one since I've been collecting guys like Altuve and David Eckstein for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cards! I especially like the look of the Spud Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Altuve is fantastic. Congrats on all the short guy additions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to see Altuve next to Aaron Judge at the All-Star game...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Altuve is my favorite player. Immensely talented and fun to watch, Altuve is at the very heart of my collection! I've enjoyed the last few days watching the Astros and Tigers play.

    ReplyDelete