Monday, January 21, 2019

Another 2008 Bowman Chrome Baseball Hobby Box

I got suckered into another 2008 Bowman Chrome Baseball Hobby Box for the price of a blaster last Black Friday, same as back in 2017. Let's see if I got anything good this time.


Welp, this Alfonso Soriano xfractor was probably the highlight. Shiny.


Some guys I collect.


A couple prospects who actually managed to have decent MLB careers.


And finally, some other semi-notable cards. Yunesky Sanchez (/500 refractor) never made the majors, but is still active in Mexico. Aubrey Huff (/150 blue refractor) cranked 242 dingdongs over his 13-year MLB career. Danny Rams (my one promised auto) topped out at AA. These are available for trade, as is the Soriano.

So yeah, this box wasn't good. Oh well.

5 comments:

  1. Dimebox Nick collects Huff. Too bad you didn't get a bit more from the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Soriano was probably worth a tad at some point, you just got this box in the wrong decade, that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought four boxes of this stuff (after reading your post). Didn't pull anything too outrageous... but I wasn't completely disappointed. Been meaning to write up my results... but haven't had the time. Maybe I'll publish it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete