Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Zappening

I've gotten plenty of nice cards from Zippy Zappy over the years, but this latest package, sent from Japan no less, might top them all. Let's check out some highlights.


Sweet! Big rookie cards I needed for my McCutchen and Altuve PCs, respectively.


Early cards of a pair of today's best third basemen, Arenado and Castellanos.


More big-name minor league cards.


And notable Bowman RCs up the wazoo.


More Bowman highlights.


Additions for the Arod and Jeter PCs.


One random basketball card, and a nice one at that, with this sparkly, diecut Kyrie Irving.


At first glance, this would seem to be regular ol' 2002 Topps Pudge, but no...


2002 Topps Kanebo Gum Japanese card! HOFer import! Very cool.
And this begins the Japanese-cards portion of the post.


Ohtani! Wowee!


More special Nippon Professional Baseball cards featuring Sadaharu Oh (home run king), Kazuhisa Makita (he's on the Padres now), Tetsuto Yamada (sparkly), and Wladimir Balentien (didn't do much in the majors, but has since had a fine career in Tokyo).


Here are a couple fun ones, including a lenticular card from 1996 and what seems to be a vintage (Calbee?) card on the right, though I couldn't say what's the story with them.

.
.
Somewhat "NSFW" picture warning. Proceed with caution.
.
.
.
.
.



Oh man! These might have been the most exciting cards of the package for me. I'm an admitted horndog female form enthusiast with a decent "girlie card" collection. I've got cards autographed by lovely ladies, and I've got cards with naked women on them, but I believe these are the first cards in my collection of autographed naked ladies. I try to keep my blog more-or-less "family friendly" so I've covered up the naughty bits. (The back photos are even better!) These are all numbered /200. Cool signatures.. especially the little drawing. Love these!


I think this is called an Icon box or something, right? Features a couple mini boxes of cards. Mariya Nagao here keeps clothed, though scantily clad.


Gonna end this post here rather than stretch it out too long, but man, still plenty of other good stuff in the package.. a bunch more rookie cards, minor league Topps cards, numbered parallels, etc.

Thanks so much, Zippy! This was a zippy zapping to remember. I'll round up a return for you soon.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking these all of my hands, saved me some much needed payroll, er, I mean, suitcase flexibility.

    Sidenote, early 2010's Pro Debut/Bowman/Heritage Minors is a goldmine for current MLB superstars. Also the Irving is a case hit, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a Zapping! Lots of great stuff here, including the Pudge and Kyrie. I think the Cross Blaze has Topps Fire beat. And those lovely ladies--oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, the Cross Blaze card would be a good one to use for a chorus in the We Didn't Start the Fire binder!

      Delete
  3. I was zapped as well... can't wait to see what ZZ sent me, but going to save it for my day off from work due to sub zero temps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s quite the attractive mail day

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the breast....er... best zapping I have seen. Just tits.....um, tons of great cards, some cards of heroes from the Japanese jugs.....er...league, and fine rookies from Boobman.....I mean Bowman.

    I'll leave now. Tah-tahs! I mean bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autograph cards of nude women: just when you think you've seen it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! And I'm not referring to the sports cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Zapping. Especially love that BBM Ohtani and those Altuve rookie cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll never look at Kent Tekulve's glasses the same way again...

    ReplyDelete