Saturday, January 5, 2019

Skeletor auto


Alan Oppenheimer has had an impressive career, both as a successful on-screen actor and legendary voice actor. While he's done a ton of stuff, my favorite projects of his are 80s treasures from my childhood, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and The Neverending Story.

I watched The Neverending Story over New Year's weekend, a film I remember loving as a kid. I got to reading its Wikipedia entry and was compelled to check if Alan Oppenheimer had any certified autos out there. Turns out he does, and as my last purchase of 2018, I picked one up for a good deal.



The Six Million Dollar Man was a bit before my time and doesn't really mean much to me. So that means custom overlay time.


Alan voiced all these characters, with Skeletor from the original He-Man cartoon probably being the best known.

Gotta admit I wasn't a huge He-Man fan as a kid.. I only owned like 2 or 3 of the toys over the course of my childhood and I think those were gifts that I didn't specifically ask for. And I didn't watch the cartoon very often. But I remember my best friend in 1st grade, Josh, was a big He-Man fan, so I'd often play with the toys with him when we hung out at his place. There were some pretty cool figures (one I remember having was Rattlor, a snake-man who rattled and his neck popped up when you pushed a button on his back), and if I ever dive into actively collecting toys one of these days, I'll be sure to grab some MOTU (Masters of the Universe) stuff. I've been watching through the old episodes on Netflix (usually put on as background noise late at night after a couple drinks) and though it's pretty cheesy, I enjoy it a lot.

So anyways, it's a sweet addition to my little non-sport autograph collection, and I'm really happy with how the custom overlay turned out.

10 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I wonder if Larry Kenny, voice of Lion-O from Thundercats, has any autos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far my favorite overlay that you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I watched the cartoon in the 80s but don't remember too much. I still have my original figures in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! You did a great job on it... as usual. I remember seeing Oppenheimer at the 2018 Silicon Valley Toy Expo over the summer. Thought about getting an action figure signed, but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting pickup. He has done a lot of great work as a voice actor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "My power is beyond your understanding!" Nice custom. Would have been even better if you included one of his Transformers characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely awesome! Neverending Story was a movie that was awesome as kid, but a bit hard to finish as an adult. I had no idea he was involved in so many projects.

    ReplyDelete