Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Kris Bryant auto redeemed

It was about 3 weeks ago that I pulled a Kris Bryant auto redemption from a box of 2018 Topps Tribute given to me as a birthday present from my mom. Didn't take long for Topps to shoot the card over to me.


I think it's a great looking card.


Numbered 42/85. 42 is a nice number to get. After all it's the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" as well as "the Jackie Robinson eBay 1/1" and even "Mariano Rivera eBay 1/1". But despite this elite status, I plan to hang onto it rather than sell it for millions.





There's the back. The only thing slightly negative thing is that the bottom left back corner arrived dinged.


Perhaps Kris got a little overzealous when signing all the cards and tossed this one in the air like a bat flip, no doubt in tribute to Jackie Robinson. Or maybe the Topps employee tasked with packaging up the cards was just a little careless. If I were the type of collector who sends stuff in to be slabbed, I'd be pretty upset since this bad corner would torpedo the grade, I'm sure. But as it stands, it's not that big of a deal, just another #ThanksTopps moment.

Still a sweet addition to my Kris Bryant PC.



The only other Bryant auto in my collection is this Leaf Draft card I picked up a few years back. I really like this one because it's super shiny, plus the California flag in the background is a happy reminder that he went to college in San Diego. But it's nice to now be able to complement it with a fully-licensed Cubs card.

- ----o

Update to my holiday contest: I believe all the prizes from my recent 12 Days of Christmas contest have now been mailed out, with the exception of John Miller, whose cards I plan to send later along with some customs.


I was glad someone picked the "flat-rate box of various baseball cards" prize option (pictured above), as it gave me a chance to thin down my tradeables, much of which I've had sitting there for years. Hopefully the recipient finds plenty of keepers in there.

6 comments:

  1. Great card for your collection! Too bad about the corner but it wouldn't bother me too much if it were going into my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Bryant, and also many thanks - the contest cards and couple customs arrived today - many many thanks and as always, great customs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking card. I know it's kind of silly, but I really appreciate when a ballplayer knows how to use the autograph space for a card. Bryant does a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received the Jackie Robinson eBay 1 of 1 Kris Bryant autograph? You lucky dog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the corner, but a great card nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete