Saturday, July 12, 2014

100 Subscribers Celebration Contest

Here's the promised "second chance" contest, following up my One-Year Anniversary Contest (and then a game of Flip The Bip).

Baseball Card Breakdown passed the 100 subscribers threshold the other day, which is pretty sweet. Thanks to everyone who's "joined this site", with specific welcoming high-fives to newcomers Kyle, Tree (the special #100!), buckstorecards, and phoenix_nange (Flip the Bip winner). I know # of Blogger subscribers isn't really a big deal (and I promise to stop talking about it now), but it feels good from an OCD standpoint to break into triple digits.

Here's the deal for this contest:
- If you entered the One-Year Anniversary Contest, you get an automatic entry in this contest.
- If you played Flip the Bip, you get an(other) entry.
- If you've sent me cards since the One-Year Anniversary Contest kicked off (purchases excluded), you get an(other) entry.
- And if you comment on this post, you get an(other) entry.

So that's a possible maximum of 4 entries per person.
Recent winners (jacobmrley and phoenix_nange) are not eligible for this contest.
[update, 7/13/14 9:30pm EDT: this contest is now closed.]

The window to comment on this post for the bonus entry will last just till around the end of the weekend. Then I'll randomize to assign numbers to everyone, and we'll use a stat from a forthcoming baseball game to decide a winner (most likely the All-Star Game).
The winner gets to pick one (1) remaining certified auto lot.

Here's what's on the table:

Lot A - 4 cards: Davy Lopes, Al Oliver, Bob Brenly, Adam Eaton

Lot B - 3 cards, a phan's dream: HOFer Fergie Jenkins, Bob Dernier, Greg Luzinski

Lot C - another team-centric lot, this time O's: Earl Weaver, Cuellar, Grich, some kid.

Lot D - Luis Tiant, Tony Armas, Tony Fernandez, Mike Rouse

Lot E: Tony Oliva; a couple Yankees, Bobby Richardson and Dave Phelps; & Ruddy Yan
Lot G - Here's a big name! Ernie Banks (w/COA); plus Jim Frey, who led the Cubs to the playoffs in '84.
Lot I - Originally the Drysdale was going to be a bonus only if I was able to reach 100 followers by the end of June, and while we fell just short, it was enough to wake up Night Owl, so I'm going ahead and putting it on the table. I'm just a nice guy like that. Also, Andy Green.
Lot J - A couple Tigers, Kirk Gibson and Don Kelly.
Lot K - This lot is specifically inspired by hiflew who complains Colorado wasn't represented in the Topps Retired sets. Well, here's the Rockies' Charlie Hayes for ya! Plus a couple D-back prospects who didn't pan out (sorry, I don't have any other Rockies autos available!).
Lot L - Here's a new 5-card lot. I have/had 2 each of the Boston and Frey autos, which is why they've popped up in other lots as well. Jason Bartlett was an All-Star with Tampa in '09.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

39 comments:

  1. Even if Grich is in with the O's, that is a sweet looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing ANOTHER contest! Here's a comment, plus I was in on the other two. Also, do the cards I sent you in my giveaway count for a fourth? I need that Gibby auto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 100 followers Gavin!! thank you again for the contest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great contest! Thanks for another chance at a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try for one entry here and see if my recent run of luck continues. If it does, well, great -- and congrats on the 100 followers mark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Take Lopes over Drysdale, huh? Interesting.

      Delete
  7. How about we use "Number of All-Star Game substitutions" to decide the winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, maybe, but I like "total hits" because it's easier to keep track off.. flashed before and after every commercial break, and easy to find online in real-time.

      Delete
  8. I wasn't in before but I think I'll try now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm IN! Kicking myself for not doing it sooner (w/the other contests), I remember sending away for a Nabisco autograph and losing it. Can't even remember who it was, but I want to say Jim Palmer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How could I only pick one-Al Oliver and Luis Tiant. Nice-Congrats on 100, here is to next 100.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I'm good for several entries here. Thanks for being generous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I make a comment and I am in, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on 100, in for the contest

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on 100+ followers.... My blog is a dozen followers below 100 and will be 5years in Oct (Look for a cool contest around then)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see those Phillies are still available... I'm in...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will curl up in a ball and lovingly stroke my past winnings with great appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang man. Those are nice lots. Congrats on the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. You are generous with your contests. Looks like I will have 2 entries as I am still pretty new. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really nice cards there. I can't believe how young Gibson looks on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Comment. I'm in, thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  22. In the 1-year, in Flip El Bip, and in again! Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on reach 100 readers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like winning... see what you can do about that, wouldja? ;-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to the 2014 World Cup Champs Germany!

    Played Flip The Bip and commented on this... if I do win, I still need to decide what to pick now that the Cabrera auto is gone!

    Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'm formerly Kyle Wong with a Ditto profile pic (as I entered for the Flip The Bip) I just found out how to open a separate blogger account.

      Delete