Sunday, January 17, 2021

Time capsule post idea

Back in summer, I drunkenly drafted up a post and scheduled it to be posted on January 1st of 2022. I've since fought the temptation to delete or at least edit it. In an attempt to save face, I encourage all of my blogging brethren to also become inebriated/impaired, type up a post about whatever, and schedule it to be posted at 12AM on 1/1/22. How funny will it be to all of a sudden have a wave of head-scratching posts pop up out of nowhere? LOL. My word of advice would be to choose a good first pic, because it'll show up as the thumbnail and you'll see it hundreds of times when you go to your Blogger homepage. (Mine is a pic of my pup Ruby, which is cute, but if I recall, I've got some harsh words for her in the post. Hopefully I can laugh at it by the time it's posted. She gets a little better every day, after all, though she still sucks a great deal.)


We need to buy a new couch because our current couch (aka sofa) isn't quite big enough to comfortably fit all 3 of us. My wife and I will be just fine but then Ruby-- that little son of a bitch-- has to jump up in the middle and plop down upon us (though she has a perfectly good dog bed right there available all to herself). We've given up trying to discourage it because she's just to bent on joining us. Hopefully a bigger couch will give us some wiggle room.

7 comments:

  1. Ahh, you may think you need a larger couch, but I see a happy little family. She just wants to be warm and cuddly with her favorite two humans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yeah, I don't mind some cuddles, but like when she lies down on top of my arm, it limits my mobility and cuts off circulation if I let it go too long! And she's only 8 months old, so she's only getting bigger.

      Delete
  2. Ruby just doesn't want to miss the party :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm sure it'll be tough on her once we're not working for home as often. She's been spoiled with at least one of her humans at home (usually both) nearly all of the time since she was born.

      Delete
  3. I've found that the "scheduling posts" tool stopped working for me several years ago. I used to be able to do it just fine, but it hasn't worked for me in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have problems with scheduling posts in the past and rarely did it. But since the "New Blogger" was rolled out, scheduling seems to work better.

      Delete
  4. I think that there's already enough people drunk-typing as is, we don't need any more.

    ReplyDelete