Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Marquis Mania is in Full Swing, As foretold in the Prophesy


A few weeks ago I announced my intention of collecting a large number of Marquis Grissom 1990 Upper Deck #9 for reasons that could only be described as an innate calling deep inside of my very essence. I've since been able to fine-tune the specifics of this goal thanks to stumbling upon an ancient, mystical prophesy.

The answer was right in front of my face the whole time. As foretold by the elders in the prophesy long ago.

1990 Upper Deck #9
Number 9.. number 9.. number 9..

YES! Of course! The jersey number.. the number on the bat.. the card number.. it all fulfills the prophesy. 9-9-9.

That equals 111 pages of 9 cards each. Add to that my "original" copy of the card that I've had since I was a kid and you've got the ultimate goal of 1,000 cards. A "G" of Grissoms, if you will.

Behold, the sacred binder; He wrapped of whimsical enchantment:


So, here we go. I've got 111 pages to be filled, plus the one true card secured in the outside spine.

Once the pages have all been filled, the enchanted spell shall be unleashed! Leafing through the contents of the binder will grant immeasurable power and eternal peace forever to thou that doth gaze upon thine splendor.


Putting in all the cards I've gathered so far was pretty soothing. After this initial load, we come to 16 full pages (single-sided), plus 6 cards.. which gives us a nice solid 150. Add 1 for the original card outside the binder and that's 151 cards.

Not bad!


Do you have any spare copies of this card to contribute to the cause? If so, please reach out to me, post hast! I must secure 1000 copies of this card to achieve enlightenment. The sanctity of the world may depend upon it!

p.s. Parts of this post were drafted after a couple drinks. Can you spot which parts? Hint: It's the parts about prophesies and enchantment!

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to check my collection... I actually have a mini PC of Marquis... Delino Deshields... and Larry Walker. I had a weird "thing" for the Expos when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't quite Tim Wallach Blog crazy but I am totally on board with this. Anything that combines lunacy, the Beatles, quirky collecting, and erstwhile Expos is okay in my book. I will check my Montreal Expos box for any of the Marquee Marquis.

    ReplyDelete