Sunday, August 20, 2017

Card Show Cacophony

Ya'll ready for a bunch more card show pickups? The cost of each of these ranged from a dime to a quarter.


Pujols refractor. Beltre framed #/99. Big Hurt #/699.


These crazy Metal Universe cards are a trip. Where is Wade going with that bee hive? Gonna put some honey on his chicken? And is Rickey running underwater? Bizarre!


1993 Topps Gold. Carter (+ McGriff), Thome, Pedro.


Michael Jordan & Friends oddballs.


The backs. I think these are basically semi-professional customs from the early 90s. Anybody have more info on their origin?


More 90s craziness. Pacific loved to get as shiny as possible. And love the wooden-textured Piazza.


Cards of big guys back before they... um, expanded. That's Bartolo on the end, if you have trouble reading it.


A couple O's. It's a rare day that I pay money for a Rafael Palmeiro card, but it's #'d 090/100 and was only 10¢ (or maybe it was a quarter.. can't remember) so I reluctantly threw it on my stack as future trade fodder.


I don't collect Alex Gordon very passionately these days now that he sucks, but couldn't say no to these 2 refractors.


Here are some young dudes. Strasburg had a solid outing in his first start off the DL the other day.


Here are more cards. Among the cards I passed up at the show after much deliberating was a Stargell bat relic #/99 for $4. It was very tempting, but it was a tiny piece of bat and an unlicensed Panini card. Still though, I've got some minor regret letting that one slip away. When I think about it, I make an expression like Willie has in this Heritage flashback insert.


I showed off most of my vintage pickups yesterday, but here are a couple I picked up from a different dealer. Pretty sure I already have that '74 Vida, but this might be an upgrade. Such a classic "happy card" from the 70s. And I don't collect Elston Howard, but couldn't pass up that '67 for a quarter, even with it being miscut.


I know all that glitters isn't Goldschmidt, but I like these shiny refractors.


Boggs doing his thing.


Parallels. The rainbow foil Bryant for 20¢ was a pretty good score. Cheapest on COMC right now is $5.50.


2016 Archives "Super" inserts for a dime each.


Let's stick a fork in today's post with Vlad & Son. The Fleer card is a gold parallel, #/150.

Thanks for reading. Still more from this weekend's haul to show another day.

6 comments:

  1. I need to go the card shows you go to. Nice pickups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having card shows, but after 20 years of not having one I kinda am finally getting used to it. But it's still hard to.see others post theirs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about the Jordan/Jackson Broder years ago. If you're bored...

    http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2011/02/nifty-90s-nostalgia-5-michael-jordan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff -- thanks for sharing. I am planning to go to my first show in about 25 years in December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great cards at such great prices!

    ReplyDelete