Monday, December 14, 2020

COBRA!!!!

It's been a while since I've secured a new 2004 Retired refractor. Whenever it happens, I slam my hand down on a nearby red button that sounds an alarm ringing throughout my block and I yell "WE GOT ONE!!" at the top of my lungs, as my wife and dog excitedly dash into the room and we jump up and down for an ecstatic moment before falling into a joyous dogpile. Or at least that's what happens in my mind. In reality I just click a couple buttons quickly with a furrowed brow and then raise a satisfied smile once the transaction is confirmed.


Back in May, I got lucky with a double dose thanks to Hammer and the Duke.. but all was quiet on the western front since then. I consider this my #1 collecting goal and these rare occasions that I get closer to completing the '04 refractor set are probably the biggest kick I get from the hobby.


Dave Parker here takes me into the home stretch, bringing my countdown into single digits. Just 9 more of these beauties left to track down. Plus Cobra is a guy I like/collect, so that makes it an even better pickup for me. Put him in the hall, I say!

Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. Very jealous. I could never find a Cobra GI Joe as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you post one of those refractor autos I get jealous. Such good looking cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooded Cobra Commander? Awesome figure. I love Parker too. Super underrated... and he'd get my vote too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous! another gorgeous addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great looking card and the key toy line of my childhood! Love the fun pictures using the figurines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! I think I like your photos even more than the card itself. Congratulations on another pickup for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new Cobra, and you are darn straight he should be in the Hall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! The black borders look great with those old Pirates threads.

    ReplyDelete