Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Wrapping up my 2016 Ginter X trilogy

I didn't make a spooky Halloween post this year, but here are some black cards on an orange background, so that's kinda festive, right?

These are the highlights from my third/final 2016 Allen & Ginter X box. Well no, the far-and-away highlight was the Griffey auto redemption. But here're the other notable cards from that break.


Modern dudes I collect.


Old-timers.


Prominent rookies.


SPs, highlighted by a Trea Turner RC.


Minis. Chen and Zimmerman are SPs.


After bustin' this box, I collated the cards along with the other 2 boxes I bought of the stuff. And man, the collation was great! I came away with the complete base set (1-300) with minimal doubles and no triples. Topps has gotten a lot of crap in recent years for not "shuffling" the cards in their boxes very well, often giving collectors deja vu ripping the nearly the same exact packs/blasters/boxes. So I was very happy that all 3 of my boxes were unique enough to each other to not have that issue.

I also compiled over half of the SPs, pulling 27 of 50 (with no dupes). I'm thinking I would like to go ahead and try to complete the full 350-card set, so I made a wantlist.

2016 Ginter X Needs (SPs):
301 Tyson Ross
302 Trevor Brown
303 Wei-Yin Chen
306 Yu Darvish
308 Andy Pettitte
309 Yasmany Tomas
311 Welington Castillo
312 Carlos Beltran (found this one cheap on COMC, so I snagged it there)
314 Starlin Castro
316 Ryan Weber
317 Yordano Ventura
318 Pedro Severino
321 Nick Castellanos
323 Victor Martinez
327 Raul Mondesi
329 Andre Ethier
332 Yan Gomes
335 Shawn Tolleson
336 Tom Murphy
339 Salvador Perez
341 Richie Shaffer
344 Ryan Zimmerman
349 Travis d'Arnaud

If you have any of these available, please hit me up for a trade!

I'm not going to bother trying to complete the mini set. I'll pick out PC guys to keep, but the rest of the minis I pulled are available for trade.

Thanks for reading and Happy Halloween!


2 comments: