Tuesday, November 19, 2019

2019 Archives blaster

Picked up a discounted blaster of '19 Topps Archives back at the October monthly card show.. eventually got around to opening it. Let's take a quick look to see how I did.


A few PC dudes of mine in the '58 design. Always nice to pull a Trout.


Some keepers in the '75 design.


The '93 design takes the crown as far as having the most cards from the box that I could use in my collection.


I did pretty well with the inserts, including a nice Vlad Jr. and a few guys I collect.


Anybody working on '19 Archives? The cards in the above photo are all available for trade. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd add these to my TCDB inventory, as I think recent cards are more likely to spark trade interest.

After buying a pair of hobby boxes of Archives the past few years, this year I think I'll call it good with just this one blaster as I seem to be less interested in modern cards these days, but we'll see. I wouldn't say this blaster was a dud (despite lack of any hits, numbered cards, or SPs), but it also didn't inspire me to pick up any more. I considered picking up another blaster at the November card show, but ultimately passed.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I was able to trade a few archives on the site. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the same '75s come out of those Archives packs over and over and over. Nothing new there for me, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three of my favorite flagship designs. I'll have to grab some packs of these eventually. The Doerr in particular is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never really appreciated the 1993 Topps rookie cards until this year. Perfect timing with Jeter headed to Cooperstown next year. It's just a shame that I didn't grab a PSA 10 copy when they were affordable.

    ReplyDelete