Monday, November 18, 2019

untitled post for November 18, 2019


I was watching the classic North By Northwest last weekend and browsed over to the film's Wikipedia page while I was at it. Turns out John Berardino, who has a small role as a cop, had been a baseball player. I looked up his cards and ended up pulling the trigger on this well-loved 1951 Bowman card. Apparently he went on to play Dr. Steven Hardy on General Hospital for over 30 years. Wow!


Beradino is the only person to have won a World Series (1948) and get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (1993).

I "salvaged" this box from work. With a length of 30", it might be a bit too long, but I'll probably find a way to make it work for cards.





Here's a Tom Seaver gif I made a few months back that I recently realized I hadn't posted to the blog yet. It was his 75th birthday yesterday.




Here's a gif I made for a Jimi Hendrix post over at my other blog, the 1991 MusiCards Blog. We're still working through the classic rock of the Legends subset. Gonna be at least a couple more months till we break into the 90s pop stuff.



Finally, I'll leave you with a little Calvin and Hobbes gif I whipped up today. The classic comic strip debuted on this date back in 1985.









14 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how to make .gifs like that, very cool as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your Gif cards. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, now I have to get his bb card and track down a GH one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that "The Rifleman" Chuck Connors was also a baseball player?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall hearing that, though I must confess I've never watched The Rifleman.

      Delete
  5. I miss Calvin And Hobbes. Great job on the gifs as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be cool to put that Calvin & Hobbes gif onto a Sportflics card background, i.e. the Seaver gif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought about making it into a card-type-thing, but ultimately kept it simple.

      Delete
  7. Wow, Calvin and Hobbes goes all the way back to '85?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, ran from November 18, 1985 to December 31, 1995.

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to see what you do with that box. After buying multiple collections over the past few months, I have a stack of boxes sitting in my office. I've got to decide which ones I'm going to break down... and which ones I plan on reusing.

    ReplyDelete