Friday, June 22, 2018

Wanna see more '57 Topps pickups? Too bad, here they are anyway



Here are a couple more big names checked off my 1957 Topps setbuild. Not in great condition, but the price was right.

Eddie Mathews is high near the top of the list of all-time third basemen. 500 Home Run Club. A couple WS rings. Only guy to make the trifecta of playing for the Braves in Boston, Milwaukee, and Atlanta.

Billy Martin is probably better remembered for his managerial days, but was a part of the Yankees dynasty teams of the 50s. This is Billy's last playing-days card with New York, as he was traded to the KC Athletics in the middle of '57 and went on to bounce around a bit in the final few years of his playing career.


Some other notable names here, with a Clete Boyer rookie, the "original" Frank Thomas, and Mr. "shot heard 'round the world" himself, Bobby Thomson.


And the rest! Just grabbing some cheap "filler grade commons" as I work toward clawing my way to halfway complete with this set.

I've got a handful more '57 commons sitting in a pending COMC order that I'm about to pull the trigger on getting shipped. Hey, is it true you get a $5 credit if you get 100 cards shipping in a month? Doesn't seem to be mentioned in their FAQ, but I see something hinting at that on the dashboard. I think I've got like 85 cards in my inventory right now, so I might try to scrounge up a few more to buy.

Have a great weekend, all!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, you do get $5 credit for 100 items shipped. That includes if you save up over time and decide to ship all at once. They dont necessarily have to be purchased that month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool.. thanks for confirming that for me!

      Delete
    2. They don't have to be purchased in the same month, but they DO have to be shipped in the same month. I'm going to getting $15 on August 1st

      Delete
  2. Yup, I only ever ship from COMC when I have a number of cards in my inventory that's an even multiple of 100 for that reason! Awesome '57s Gavin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Billy Martin was among the first '57s I ever owned, and it's still one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SURE RUB IT IN, :) Nice pick ups, congrats on hitting 50%

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime you wanna show off more 57's... I'll be there to click on your post. Love that Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always up for some 57’s. Nice Mathews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice '57s Gavin, can't wait to see this set complete!

    ReplyDelete