Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Goldschmidtload

I had traded cards via connections made through Twitter once or twice, but only recently dipped my toe in buying and selling on there. It's more of a risk without the eBay buyer protection plan backing you up, but I guess if you trust the other guy, it's worth it for both parties to avoid the ol' feeBay.

@Buymycardboard posted a bunch of stuff recently, and a Paul Goldschmidt lot of hits got my attention. Dividing the total price between the cards, it was too good of a deal for me to pass up. Probably would have ran me twice the price to buy these cards from individual eBay sellers.






I need to count 'em up, but I'm pretty sure I've now reached the 100-card threshold with Goldy, and these autos and relics definitely helped me "complete" this PC in style. I mean, I'll probably still add to my Goldy PC with some regularity-- he might be my favorite active guy to collect (though with the D-backs' butt-ugly new uniforms, that might change going forward)-- but now I can use my Hundred Card Club method of collecting to justify focusing my pursuits (and money) elsewhere. (To refresh you on the Hundred Card Club concept, as a player collector who values closure, yet in all but very rare instances could never collect all available cards of the many players I collect, I set a goal of 100 different cards, and "call it good" after that, though I will still occasionally add more cards as "icing on the cake" or whatever.)

That's it for today. Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Nice lot of cards, for sure - but, I'd say the purchase was worth getting to use that post title alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which D-backs uniforms are you referring to? Don't they have something like a dozen different alternate jerseys?
    Ahhh, I found the link: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25400220/look-diamondbacks-unveil-seven-new-uniforms-for-2016
    Seven, that's still quite a bit. And yes, some are just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards. Congrats on completing the PC. I like the idea of a 100 Card Challenge. It would help me, as I have too many PC guys to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man great pickups for your PC. Great player to

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Even a couple I don't have...yet. Don't hate on the new uniforms just yet. They look better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been pulling Goldschmidt's cards for a few years now. Just his regular & rookie cards though. Those auto cards are niiiiice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa!!!! That took your PC to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete