Friday, March 25, 2016

The Vogelmoster Attacks!

I hate to be a copycat, but I'll cop to following in P-town Tom's footsteps by starting a Dan Vogelbach PC. (For the record, I think I announced my Brooks Kieschnick PC before Tom officially started PCing him! So there.) The Vogelmoster is just too awesome to deny collecting! In my recent COMC order, I loaded up with a few snazzy cards of the guy. I divided them up by pairs, let's take a look!


I love color refractors. They just look great. These 2015 Bowman cards are #'d /150 and /250, respectively.


And I love Bowman Chrome wave refractors. This Refraction Action image tries to convey the awesomeness, but can't quite duplicate seeing them wave-away in person.


A couple blue beauties of the mini variety. These look great. Both are numbered /250 on the back.


Let's spice things up with a couple die-cuts. The one on the right is extra special...


Christmas Card!


And gotta throw a couple autographs into the cart. The stickergraph on the left was cheap, just a couple bucks. The card on the right was twice that, but I loved the big, on-card, silver signature.


Both are numbered under 200. I think that might be my first Onyx card. Give 'em a license, I say.

That's it for COMC. The jewel of my Vogelmoster PC comes by way of a recent eBay win...



Now I'm definitely a legit Dan Vogelbach collector! I failed in my attempt to win a regular refractor (/499) of his 2011 Bowman auto, so I doubled down for this /150 blue refractor and came out victorious.

If you come into any sweet Vogelbach cards, give Tom first dibs on them, but if he already has them, I'm your man.

Have a great weekend, guys! I'm off today (Good Friday), yet I get paid.. I'm a middle-aged man and this is the first time in my life I've gotten holiday pay. It's pretty sweet.
We're gonna try to do our taxes this weekend, which is always stressful, especially trying to figure it all out without the help of a professional. But hopefully we'll work it out.
Take it easy.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Best comment left on a Vogelmonster post ever.

      Delete
  2. "I think that might be my first Onyx card. Give 'em a license, I say."

    I might be too liberal, but Onyx, Panini, Leaf... give 'em all a license, I say. The Topps monopoly is too stifling.

    Also, nice Vogelmonsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure.. exclusivity sucks. Only thing I appreciate about Onyx is that they say "Chicago (N)" where as Panini just says "Chicago" so if you didn't know any better you wouldn't know if the guy was on the White Sox or Cubs. I hate that about Panini.

      Delete
  3. I too collect Kieschnick. Those are some sweet cards! What year are the die-cuts from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The "Toolsy" (Power) insert is from 2014 Bowman Platinum. and the other (Christmas Card) is from 2013 Bowman Platinum.

      Delete
  4. You should call the Chrome Wave "Earthquake" cards. That's a lot of shakin' goin on. Very kool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, nice finds! I am uber-jealous of the way you can make cards come to life.
    The Christmas card is fantastic, but the blue chrome auto is making me drool something fierce. That's a great looking card!
    If you really like the Onyx and are looking for something a little different, then may I suggest Vogelmonster's 2012 Onyx Platinum card? (#PPGU21) It's a game used batting glove card and a bad a$$ photo of the Vogelmonster!

    ReplyDelete