Thursday, March 17, 2016

Marshall Faulk auto

Hot off the heals of yesterday's one-card post of a big autograph I had been after for a while, here's another nice one I landed recently: NFL Hall of Famer and former SDSU Aztec, Marshall Faulk.


This is a great looking 2015 Topps High Tek Football auto #'d /50 featuring a photo from Faulk's time on the Rams.

I've mentioned it before, but I've just never been much into college sports. (March Madness? Couldn't care less, sorry.) There are only a couple fellow San Diego State alumni I collect, Stephen Strasburg and Marshall Faulk (and sure, Tony Gwynn, but I'd collect him regardless. And Gavin Escobar, but again, not because of his alma mater.) Faulk is arguably the all-time greatest football Aztec, one of only 4 numbers the program has retired. I don't collect many football players from his era, so it makes for some variety in my collection.

I had a decent stack of a Marshall Faulk PC going, but didn't have a particular highlight among them. This card takes care of that problem nicely.


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have/had a nice St. Patrick's Day. I'm 65% Irish, for what it's worth. I'll be celebrating with some off-brand Bailey's tonight. I'm typing this at w0rk as the clock pushes 4pm and have already had a beer. Yep, I currently (temporarily) work at a cool tech company downtown that has a beer keg in the lunchroom. The bad news is it's a terrible beer currently on tap. Fat Head's Bumble Berry Honey Blueberry Ale. Not recommended. But still.. free beer at work.. yes please, I'll have another. Don't worry, I take public transportation home.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great job, loved Faulk one of the best dual thteat RBs of all time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the tech world! Cool autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best fantasy football team I've ever seen included Marshall Faulk. The guy drafted him in the first round, used late round picks to get Tory Holt and Edgerin James and snagged Kurt Warner off of waivers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a beauty of a card!! I need to pick up one of those now. Loved watching marshall play. He was really dominant after leaving Indy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love them Tek autographs. SDSU has some solid alumni. I probably should have went there instead of SJSU.

    ReplyDelete