Friday, June 21, 2019

Dennis trade post

Seems like trading has been drying up for me on the cardsphere, without much action lately (and no nibbles on my latest trade bait post). But it's nice to still occasionally receive unexpected cards from a trader buddy, like this recent package from Dennis at TMV.


I sure do love 2004 Topps Chrome black refractors! I needed this Armando Benitez, and am now at 170/487 in my foolish quest for a parallel set.


Pretty sure I've already got these Super Giles Bros., but I appreciate the thought. (Correction: I did need the Brian!)


A funky-shaped addition to my Michael Sam collection.


The rest of the mailing was a nice bunch of Gavins. That golden Cecchini looks good. I wonder how he's been doing this season. [Looks up his numbers.] Welp, he apparently hasn't played at all in 2019 yet. Back in January, he was DFA'd to clear a spot on the Mets' 40-man roster. He then cleared waivers and was outrighted to the minor leagues. I can't find any news stories on it, but he apparently got injured or something, as again, I'm not seeing any 2019 stats for him anywhere. Hmm. That's a bummer.


And a bunch of Gavin Escobar hits. Last we heard from him, he was with the San Diego Fleet of the AAF, but was placed on injured reserve not long before the league folded during its inaugural season.


I haven't counted, but I'm confident I've got more Escobar autos in my card collection than any other player by a decent margin. So that coupled with his disappointing professional career makes it hard for me to get too excited about his cards anymore, but I really like the look of this shiny auto/relic.

Thanks, Dennis! I'll get a return out to you soon.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. I always forget you like collecting Gavins. Maybe I need to look a little deeper in my collection to find some. Really need to get some trade action going with you this year. Still waiting on some stamps sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not as excited about collecting Gavins as I once was, especially Gavin Floyd and Gavin Escobar... a little sick of those guys at this point, LOL. But yeah, I'm ready to swap cards with you whenever.. I try to pick up any numbered NY Giants for ya when I come across them at the card show.

      Delete