Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Bryce Harper autograph!

That was rough. It was a 2-bottle of wine night for my wife and I, just drinking and watching silly shows to try taking our mind off the election and what's ahead. I drunkenly broke down and ranted on Twitter a bit. I seem to only have lost a couple followers in the fallout. And hey, that's totally fair; I've unfollowed accounts for less myself. I get that collecting cards is a hobby and an escape. It's nice to try keeping the ugliness of real life out of it. I originally drafted this post up late election night, and it got pretty nasty. Glad I resisted posting it, though, and have rewritten most of it.


Oh well, I try to comfort myself in the knowledge that I'm white, straight, male and have enough money in the bank to blow $200 on crap boxes of cards and then chase that down with a sweet Bryce Harper auto to make myself feel better about the dud of a high-end break. Not that I can make that a regular thing. In fact, buying this card was directly to help me not be tempted to buy high-end boxes anymore, since pulling a Harper auto was one of the main things I hoped for when I did.


But yeah, I love this 12/25 auto and it's now the clear highlight of of my li'l Bryce Harper PC. He's a streaky hitter, for sure, but he just turned 24 last month and already has 121 ding-dongs just heading into what should be his prime years. Pretty incredible. Definitely a fun player to watch, though sometimes he rubs people the wrong way.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to get a Harper of my own soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I would've loved to have seen the original post from last night. That would've been fun fuel for my fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to be twitter ranting alongside you last night, buddy. We both needed the release. You didn't lose me as a follower :)
    That Bryant auto card is pretty sweet. Great looking addition to your collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gold on black really pops. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked a beauty for your first Harper autograph. What a card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Harper. Surprising and stressful election. Awesome hobby.

    ReplyDelete