Monday, April 27, 2015

a hundred Trevor Hoffman cards

Happy to announce Trevor Hoffman is off my wantlist thanks to breaking the 100 different cards threshold! Bo and Mets Cardboard get the credit for teaming up to finish it off with nice stacks in recent trades.

Here's the lot Mets Cardboard sent me the other day:


"Some kinda nice!" I was especially happy to get that '93 Topps RC. Crazy as it seems, I don't recall even ever seeing that card before. Another highlight is the squared-around-to-bunt shot.. as a closer, Trevor didn't get many plate appearances (36).



Now let's sort out my entire PC by year...




















That's 101 cards by my count.

Again, thanks to Justin, Bo, TJ, Matt, and everybody else who ever traded me Trevor cards over the past couple years (The vast majority of these cards came by way of trades). "Big cards" I picked up myself include the 2 autos and 2 minor league cards from back when he was still an infielder.

It'll be interesting to see if HOF voters induct him right away or make him sweat an extra year or two. If it weren't for Mariano one-upping him for the title of baseball's all-time greatest closer, it wouldn't even be a question.

I look forward to him to start popping up in sets again and give Tony Gwynn some company as the token Padre legend in a checklist that includes retired players. I don't believe he's shown up on any cards since his playing days yet, somewhat surprising to me.

Welp, thanks for looking at these pictures of my Trevor Hoffman baseball cards!

7 comments:

  1. Those two SS cards are AMA-ZING! I totally forgot he was ever an infielder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty neat. I had forgotten, too. When I realized he had position-player minor league cards out there, had to hunt down a couple.

      Delete
  2. I like that Autographics card. Congrats on 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the Autographics is a good looking card, though I like the Leaf signature a bit better.. you can tell Trevor spent more time signing it. I guess it's typical for a player's autograph to "degrade" over the course of their career.

      Delete
  3. Stop.

    Just stop, Breakdown.

    The envious rage over here at Underdog HQ is an ugly tantrum.

    Anyway, I guess that's where all the Hoffman cardboard goes: to the Breakdown Man!

    What a haul, dude! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Underdog! Well, now that I've "retired" from collecting Hoffman cards, they can all be funneled to you now!

      Delete
  4. Holy schmoly, that's a lotta Hoffmans!

    ReplyDelete