Friday, April 24, 2015

The Giancarloection / Stanton Stack

Out of all active players who aren't/never-were Padres, my PC of Giancarlo Stanton is the biggest. (Scratch that, my David Ortiz PC is a little bigger.. but as far as young players.) Paul Goldschmidt was almost catching up for a while there, but recent lots received from a trade with Bru and a big Listia win put Stanton way out in front. I might even crack the magic number 100 by the end of the year. The Marlins are notorious for having no fans, so his cards are pretty easy to come by relative to his talent.

First, I'll highlight the incoming lot from Remember the Astrodome:


He got the Marlins in Nachos Grande's '15 Heritage break since they were bundled with his Astros. Watching the videos of the breaks, there were several Marlins pulls that made me say, "Damn, I wish I had the Marlins in this here break!" But luckily I was able to work out a trade with Bru for a few such cards in exchange for dupes of the Trout cards I got from my Angels slot in the same break. I also threw in some bonus assorted Astros for him, and he threw in some more Giancarlos, as well as a Marlins '15 Heritage team set and one more card that I'll show off tomorrow.

Thanks, Bru!

So now, in my continuing effort to post my player collections, let's go ahead and post my entire Giancarloection / Stanton Stack here for all to see.








So as of 4/24/2015, that's 76 cards by my count! Looking good. (I should mention that one of these cards was sent the other day from Daniel Wilson.. I'll be covering more of his great trade package soon.) Highlights here include a slick auto /50, a bat relic, and 5 or 6 serial numbered cards.

As usual, if you've got Giancarlo Stanton cards besides these above that you're looking to part with, holla attcha boy and help me reach my PC goal of 100 unique cards.

I've also got some dupes available, if anybody out there is looking to start a Giancarloection of their own...


(The RC is a bit creased, fyi. Oh, and I also have a bunch of his '15 Topps base card, not pictured.)

This player collection has come so far, I may delete my Listia search bookmark-- Listia was the source for probably a third of these cards-- and just let trades and pack-rips take it from here.

And it's pretty impressive considering back when I started this blog, less than 2 years ago, I didn't even know who Giancarlo Stanton was! ("Giancalo Stanton.. never heard of him.. wow, this guy puts up decent power numbers, I must be really out of the loop.") What a newb! Couldn't even spell his name right. It's funny how much more I follow the game these days.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Giancarlo Stanton is the reason people hold out hope for guys that straight up mash in the minors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The PC is looking great, Breakdown! Wish I'd have known sooner. I'll see if there are any left lying around here.

    ReplyDelete