Friday, July 24, 2015

Introducing the Stargell Braves meme


Yesterday I found this real photo of Willie Stargell as an Atlanta Brave and it blew my mind. I had never seen him in anything other than a Pirates uniform. It feels like catching your dad in drag or something.

Spurred on by a bottle of wine, I was compelled to make it into a meme and have been peppering different versions of varying levels of dumbness on my Twitter account for the past 24 hours. I otherwise didn't have a blog post ready for today, so here they are in roughly chronological order.















Around this time, Tony L. looked it up and verified that Pops was indeed a coach in the Braves organization for a few years, even coaching a young Chipper Jones. I imagined it probably went a little something like this:



Then I went on an A&G tangent:









UPDATE: one more.




I think it'd be cool if the card-collecting world had a popular meme of our own, so please create and share some yourselves and maybe this'll catch on. The site I've been using is Meme Generator (it's free and easy) and the original pic is at the top of this post. Go nuts!

4 comments:

  1. Holy..................................

    I can't even think of a meme, I'm still in shock. That's just wrong... so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chipper one is so good, Satchel Paige pitched for the Braves at 62.. crazy stuff be like if Jeter coaches for the Diamondbacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was an Atlanta coach, but it sure looks like a bad Topps "airbrush" job to me.

    ReplyDelete