Monday, July 13, 2015

TTM success / On the hunt for tabs

My first TTM Gavin! I sent this request out over the 4th of July weekend and it was received back today.


I talked about it a bit more last week. Big thanks, Mr. Glanz! Looks great. This is a terrific addition to my autoGav minisubcollection.

One other card showed up today, too.


Do you know what week this is? (Yes, I spent money on a cheap pun for the blog.)


Look at that fucking scotch tape ruining this toploader! It's Pull-Tab Awareness Week!


How cruelly ironic that the seller who sent me this Tab Hunter auto relic #'d 48/100 did not create tabs when he packaged up the card, burdening me with the chore of freeing the card from an essentially ruined toploader. Asshole. It only takes a second to fold over a small piece of the end of the tape to make it much easier to remove. Or yes, better yet, use blue painters tape.

But this only further emphasizes the point that we on the cardsphere need to spread the word about pull tabs! Check back in a day or two for my big annual Pull-Tab Awareness post.. and perhaps even a contest to up the ante!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Zippy. I'm currently batting 2-3. Not a bad start to a career, I suppose!

      Delete
  2. No pull tab means the top loader goes straight to the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's sad. I don't have much of these thicker top-loaders, so I might have to take the Goo-Gone to it. Or maybe I'll just leave it with the tape as-is for the ironicity.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you can pay Tab Hunter to do a public service announcement for Pull-Tab Awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I wasn't aware he was still alive. Just celebrated his 83rd last Saturday. Good for him! Yeah, it'd be great if he'd sign on as the campaign's official spokesman. haha

      Delete